One of our happy customers took the time to write an old-fashioned letter. It’s so nice when someone takes the time out of their day to let us know how we are doing.
Amish Rocking Chairs
The finest solid Northern Hardwood Frames: Kiln dried, double doweled, glued and corner blocked. Patented Steel Reclining Mechanisms: No.1 in the Industry – High Density Urethane Foam and Bonded Dacron Fill are standard; the finest materials available are used. – Mission Arms are Quarter Sawn from Northern WHITE OAK. Standard finish is “Michaels Cherry”. Crafted with Pride and Made in the U.S.A.
In Ohio’s Amish country, traditional woodworking is practiced as a skilled trade passed down through the generations. Special emphasis is made when hand-finishing each piece and carefully choosing the solid wood used to complement each piece of furniture. The Amish way is dedication to their core principles and pride in hard work. It comes through in the expert craftsmanship they’ll use to make your built-to-order, custom furniture.
Traditional: Calm, orderly, and conventional. Traditional style is functional and uncomplicated furniture pieces. However, there are many traditional pieces that adhere to the non-trendy design principle, while still being appropriate for a formal space.
Contemporary: Contemporary style boasts clean lines and unique shapes. You will notice neutral elements accentuated by bold colors and geometric patterns. Contemporary style holds both casual and formal appeal.
Casual: Warm, comfortable and inviting. Casual style is defined by simple details and neutral colors. Textured elements of fabrics, along with softer choices wood finish, create a comfortable atmosphere. You may notice accent details on these pieces such as ruffles, pleats, and buttons.
Cottage: Cottage Styles are popular for their vintage good looks and romantic feel. Using painted pieces, pale floral fabrics, and pretty accessories, the cottage look can take many forms. The overall effect is charming and comfortable
Mission: Furniture made mostly from oak and marked by simplicity and durability. Design is usually rectangular.
RAF, LAF, LOL? What? Confusing isn’t it…
This guide is meant to help you understand the industry jargon. Sectionals can come in a variety of configurations.
- RAF (Right Arm Facing): When looking at the sectional piece the arm is on the right side.
- LAF (Left Arm Facing): When looking at the sectional piece the arm is on the left side.
- Armless: The piece has no arms on either side so it can be placed between other armless pieces and/or RAF and LAF pieces.
- Wedge: A corner piece that has no arms and can be used with RAF or LAF pieces, armless pieces, and even sofas and loveseats with arms.
- Console: Can be placed between two pieces without arms.
- 2 PC. Sectional: A two piece sectional has one RAF piece and one LAF piece.
- 2-PC. Chaise Sectional: A sectional with an RAF or LAF sofa and a LAF or RAF chaise.
- Individual Piece Sectional: A sectional that has three or more pieces available that can be used to produce numerous configurations.
- Sofa and Loveseat Sectional: A sectional that uses a wedge to connect a sofa and loveseat, two sofas, or two loveseats to make a sectional.
Spring is finally here and it is time to get your patio, deck, or dock ready for outdoor fun!
We just received a HUGE shipment of outdoor and casual furniture this week and are busy putting it on display at both showrooms.
We have a great selection of chairs, lounge chairs, loveseats, sofas, fire pits, tables, benches, umbrellas, and much more.?
Stop by either location and get ready to make the best of our warmer weather. Whether it’s family gatherings, a BBQ on the deck, relaxing after work, or watching the sunset from your dock,? we have everything to make your outdoors as comfortable as indoors.